Friday, July 17, 2015

Guest Designer Anna Brim

My Foray into the Planner stamping World.

Hellloooooo everyone! Thank you so much for having me over on the blog to have a chat with you all and share my planner. So my name is Anna but most people in the social media world know me as Mrs Brimbles. This is a nickname that kind of, well stuck after I married Mr B lol! I live in a small village in Cambridgeshire, UK with my high school sweetheart, three bunnies and two guinea pigs. Life here is often loud and it is always fun. I have a little bit of a thing for 80s pop music and am not afraid to blast it round the house!




I have been a planner pretty much all my life. When I was in secondary school we were given planners from our teachers (branded with the school logo) to use for keeping track of homework and attendance that sort of thing. Little did they know that they were setting my up for a life as a planner addict huh. I wasn't too keen on school but I do have them to thank for getting me into planners. When I left University in 2002 (you can do the maths on my age) and stepped out into the World of 'real work', I bought my first Filofax. 13 years later (oh heck…really, is it 13 years!) I am well and truly a planner nerd with a variety of planners.

I love to use social media and ogle over the planner pages that people are often sharing, can we just say that some of them truly blow my mind with their creativity! I have been coveting planner stamps for a while now and have often wondered if I should take the plunge or not. Everyone loves them and really raves about them so I assume that people now class them as their planning essential? I really felt like I was missing out.

I have to say I part of the reason that I wasn't getting any or using any is a lack of confidence. I am not a paper crafter (really), I don't make cards and I don't scrapbook. I create messy, mixed media art, mainly in my journal. There is no room in what I do for precise stamped images and because of that I was a bit scared to use stamps. What if I messed up and didn't get that precise stamped look, my pages would then be ruined! This is the kind of thing I tell people off for when it comes to art yet here I am doing the same sort of thing with planner pages and stamps lol!





I have been doing One Book July which I started after I had already decorated a week in my Color Crush planner so I decided that this would be a really good week to try some stamping out on. I wasn't using it as my main planner so if I mucked it all up it wouldn't effect my week. I got everything out on the breakfast bar so I could see what I had and to let me familiarise myself with my stamps. Then off I went. I was like a kid in a sweet shop! It took me a while because I was learning how to use a stamping block as I have never used one before and the ink pad that I have is all dry and crusty so I had to get used to a nice brand new ink pad too. I did get ink all over my fingers which also resulted in a smudge on my page but it was all good fun. I managed to get a couple of snaps of the chaos with my iphone to show you...




So all in all, it took me a while to get used to because I had never done it before but it was super easy and super fun and I really love how it turned out in the end! I really enjoyed my foray into the planner stamp World and I am looking forward to sharing future posts with you!









**Thank you Anna for joining us!! You can look forward to several more post from Anna in the coming weeks!!! She has graciously said she would do several weeks with us and I can't wait to see what she shares!!

7 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

I am thrilled to have you on our blog today Anna! Even though it is your first time stamping in your planner, you did a FAB-ulous job! Can't wait to see more amazing layouts from you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard Anna, happy that you can share your creativity with us. The planner looks Fabulous!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Anna!! Glad to have you guest designing for us!!! This is DARLING!! Great job. :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

The creative mess is one of the best parts! Love your fun-filled organizer!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Christine.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Looking good Anna! Gorgeous layout (as always) and um, speaking as someone who owns some of your mixed media items (society 6 anyone?) You're brilliant! You've got talent and organization for days! I only wished I lived in the UK, so we could Starbucks and plan, stamp, create! I've had planners as well going back to my elementary school days, private school, required, then on to whatever I could find, then a busy book (anyone remember those) or the ones from the drugstore you could put photos of your babies in (back when mone were little - now 22 to 30!) EC'S then I found Anna, Mrs Brimbles, and life, planning, planners, inserts and all of it has forever changed! It started with you Anna and I Love it!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Christine.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Looking good Anna! Gorgeous layout (as always) and um, speaking as someone who owns some of your mixed media items (society 6 anyone?) You're brilliant! You've got talent and organization for days! I only wished I lived in the UK, so we could Starbucks and plan, stamp, create! I've had planners as well going back to my elementary school days, private school, required, then on to whatever I could find, then a busy book (anyone remember those) or the ones from the drugstore you could put photos of your babies in (back when mone were little - now 22 to 30!) EC'S then I found Anna, Mrs Brimbles, and life, planning, planners, inserts and all of it has forever changed! It started with you Anna and I Love it!

DebC said...

Love that you joined us Anna and love what you did in your planner. You did an awesome job for a newbie stamping and I hope you enjoy stamps more in the future. We love your layouts!
Deb